Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

VCDS which 1

EddieHT

Reactions
City
Aberdeen
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3
Hi, I am away to do haldex service and belive I need to prime the pump after and top back up to level.
Which VCDS do you all recommend that I buy as I would like my own one for future use also.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
get the best one you can afford.

OP
EddieHT

EddieHT

Reactions
City
Aberdeen
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3
Thread Starter #3
get the best one you can afford.
Not to fussed about price, what's the one most people use, what kind of price would I be looking at?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
did you take a look at the differences yet?

OP
EddieHT

EddieHT

Reactions
City
Aberdeen
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3
Thread Starter #5
did you take a look at the differences yet?
No as I'm not that clued up on them, that's why I thought I would ask the more clued up people on here.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Don’t know which to buy?
All Ross-Tech VCDS products work with VAG vehicles (except Routan) from 1995 through the current model year (and with a 2×2 adapter can extend the model year coverage back as far as 1990).
Our products are broken into two classes: Professional (Unlimited) and Enthusiast (Limited).

Professionals or users who plan to work on many cars, should choose from the Professional products.​
Enthusiasts or Shade Tree Mechanics, DIYs or any who only want to work on a few cars, should choose from the Enthusiast products.​
to keep in mind, the new cables are limited to the number of cars you can use on each one. the older ones were limited to the years it will work on.​
my current one doesn't seem to have a vin limit like the new ones but i does not work on much newer cars.​
so basically they get you either way.​
personally if you do plan on keeping and using it on different cars, i would buy the pro as it future proofs the tool. but if you dont think you have that many cars in the future then get the enthusiast versions.​

remember you can sell these as well in the future, if you no longer need it. for me i have that choice to sell as mine is not limited to vin amounts. just year limited.

but if i was to buy again at this point in time, i would definitely go with either of the PRO versions. probably not the 2 hex units as i only need one unit.

if your curious if its useful, then yeah its very useful. so many things needs to be adjusted and this tool does that. i also have the obd11 tool. not as powerful but more compact and portable than the vcds cable since it needs a laptop to work.

Last edited: