Welcome to the VW Golf Alltrack Forum, please post an introduction

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Hello and welcome to Golf Alltrack Forum, please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.

scottyboy

Reactions
My first modern VW! Alltrack in Platinum metallic with 6 speed MANUAL trans. My mom fell in love with her 1957 sedan (canvas sunroof) and I had a few aircooled beasts: 1966 sedan, 1966 delivery van, 1970 bus american camper conversion. I have owned my replica 1955 Thunder Ranch Spyder 550 for four years, it has a 2276 motor. My fiance enjoys a manual as well, so we first looked at a sportwagen, but our dealer found us a manual Alltrack in Iowa. Love love it so far.

OP
VWFan

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Welcome aboard [MENTION=42]scottyboy[/MENTION]

Otto3

Reactions
Car #25, VW #6, previous VW's were 1972 Beetle (used), all others purchased new: 2002 Jetta, 2010 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2015 TDI, and now 2017 Alltrack. 2015 GTI was a lemon, but loving the new Alltrack!

Reactions
Car #25, VW #6, previous VW's were 1972 Beetle (used), all others purchased new: 2002 Jetta, 2010 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2015 TDI, and now 2017 Alltrack. 2015 GTI was a lemon, but loving the new Alltrack!
Welcome[welcome]

crashton

Reactions
New old guy here....

Hello folks. I'm new here, but not new to cars. I'm a car guy though & through.

What brings me here is the quest for knowledge about the Golf Alltrack. I plan to change cars in the next year & the Alltrack appears to tick all the boxes for me. I currently drive a 2013 Golf GTI which I dearly love. Staying with a VW would be nice as I like the build quality.

That's it for now, stay tuned for my dumb questions. ;-)

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome to the club

Reactions
Hello from Boston. 2017 SEL White / Black inside. Purchased this car for the wife. She previously drove a Sante Fe...ugh!
I've been an owner of a number of c5 allroads, i still drive one today.
It's clear this car has taken it's heritage from the allroad, it's like its the kid brother. But the parents Audi and Volkswagen had them 17 years apart.
When i test drove the alltrack it was like a baby ar...with newer amenities.
I really like this car, maybe not as much as its more spacious big brother (im about 6-1" and 240lbs).
I'd love to see this forum grow, and I'm glad to be part of it...thanks for my minute on the forum.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=57]Mr. Freeze[/MENTION]

OP
VWFan

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Congrats and welcome aboard. I do hope that our community grows too since there's a lot of great information we can share to help each other here.

Hello from Boston. 2017 SEL White / Black inside. Purchased this car for the wife. She previously drove a Sante Fe...ugh!
It's clear this car has taken it's heritage from the allroad, it's like its the kid brother. But the parents Audi and Volkswagen had them 17 years apart.
I really like this car, maybe not as much as its more spacious big brother (im about 6-1" and 240lbs).
I'd love to see this forum grow, and I'm glad to be part of it...thanks for my minute on the forum.

bigdecals

Reactions
Welcome Mr. Freeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOGDAWG

Reactions
Just today(10-3) purchased 2017 Alltrack SE, immediately after selling back 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. Bittersweet to relinquish the beloved TDI but decided to take a chance on the Alltrack. Will miss the rumble, mileage and torque of the TDI, yet look forward to the AWD and other technology features of the Alltrack. Also looked at the new Tiguan and other SUV's but we are long term wagon owners and Subaru Outback was NOT an option!

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Glad you got another VW, welcome! [MENTION=62]LOGDAWG[/MENTION]

Camenta2

Reactions
Hi all!! Chuck from the Chicago suburbs!! Glad to be here.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=71]Camenta2[/MENTION]

crashton

Reactions
Welcome from one Chuck to anther Chuck.

OP
VWFan

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Welcome to the forum Chuck.

Reactions
Just picked up our 2017 Alltrack SE in night blue first day has been awesome

crashton

Reactions
Enjoy it Sandberg! [thumb]

I plan on buying mine early next year. Until then I'll drive my GTI. I'm thinking mine will be an S. Not sure I can get along with a large sunroof.