Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi confirms RS3 sedan and Q8 SUV for the US

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

The high-performance Audi RS3 compact sedan and the Audi Q8 are coming to the U.S., Audi of America CEO Scott Keogh revealed to Automotive News. The RS3 would join the A3 and S3 in the U.S. lineup when it lands here, while in other world markets it'll be sold in Sportback guise rather than as a sedan.

The RS3 sedan will pack a 2.5-liter turbocharged five-cylinder engine producing 367 hp and 343 lb-ft of torque, sending that power to all four wheels via a a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. The RS3 in European-spec is good for a 0-60-mph sprint time under five seconds, though it is too early to speculate on a precise figure before the sedan is modified and finalized for the U.S. market. The current version makes use of VW's MQB platform, which has been designed to underpin small cars across VW Group brands, including the Golf. The RS3 sedan will reportedly reach our shores in 2016.

"We really, really want the RS3," Keogh told Automotive News. The sedan is "going to be a great positioning car, a great halo car. I'm very confident we'll see that car in the market. That's as far as I'm going to go."

Once the RS3 sedan lands here, it will compete, at least in theory, with the CLA45 AMG and the BMW M235i coupe.

The Q8 SUV, according to Keogh, would arrive in the U.S. sometime in 2017, after it goes on sale in Europe and other markets. The Q8 will be based on the redesigned Q7, which just debuted in production form at the Detroit auto show in January of this year.

"The Q8 looks to be a home run product for the U.S., if you look at its size and where it's going to be positioned," Keogh told Automotive News. "That is absolutely a car that we will see in the United States."

Sufran

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
That's pretty cool! If those numbers are correct it should be sub 4's 0-60 mph.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
That's pretty cool! If those numbers are correct it should be sub 4's 0-60 mph.
I agree.

I love how Audi is sending everything across the pond these days.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Dang I just bought a new S3 haha. Shaking my fist at Audi.